PLAYBIG STORY

THE TOYMAKER




PlayBig is a German toy maker. This toys represent many good memories from my brothers. I did  some reconstruction on missing parts with 3D printing. Some other parts I bought them on eBay. 

What I really appreciate from this toys is the proportions and the descriptions on the assembly of the plastic pieces. The figures keep a really good human proportion and the details on the accessories are great. Play-big was a competitor of Plamobil in 70's - 80's.







Here are some of the graphics used on the packaging. Looks and feels like Dreyfus' Human Factors templates.




















Comments

  1. Hello! Where are you from? from germany..europe or outside Europe?
    I'm a Play-Big Collector, your blog really great, and I am interested on your 3D wiperblades ! write to me, ok !?
    greetings andy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi!. I'm in Canada.
      I did the 3D printer wiperblades, here is the link to the 3D print store:
      http://www.shapeways.com/shops/fulaki?section=PlayBig+Toys&s=0
      Probably I haven't put to the public the wiperblade, but now that I see your interest I'll publish it; between today and tomorrow you will see it there. Let me know if that will help.

      Delete
    2. Here the specific link to the wiperblade:
      http://www.shapeways.com/product/84JSMP7GV/wiperblade-playbig?li=shop-results&optionId=10538923

      Delete
    3. Hello Jairo,
      Many thanks for your links, it helps me!
      The prices are for one piece, or for a couple of wiperblades?

      Delete
    4. The price is for one wiperblade.

      Delete
  2. I uploaded already:
    http://www.shapeways.com/product/SCEK8VVMU/playbig-wiperblade-109?li=shop-results&optionId=36619675
    Cheers.

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment